Saturday, August 9, 2008

welcoming the opening ceremonies...


As I mentioned before...Brian's childhood friend Glenn came home for a visit from China ....he has been working in Asia for many years now......and frequently comes to Canada to visit his friends and family.......and since he was leaving today...he wanted to host a goodbye party at his parents house celebrating the Beijing Olympics opening ceremonies ...thinking it was quite apropos since his new hometown is Beijing...I met his new wife Daphne...and his 2 cute little sumo wrestler boys...sorry I love Asian kids......and Glenn's Japanese genes show on those kids faces.....we enjoyed breakfast..yes Glenn wanted the guests to arrive at 7 am.....we finally had to yank our kids out of bed at 9am... so we were fashionably late.....but still arrived for breakfast.....we watched the ceremonies while casually chatting and eating.........I put my mothering skills in check and held baby Ryan for the better part of the day so poor Daphne could look after Josh as Glenn was in charge of hosting and cooking........Ryan is a plump six month old...his sausage sized legs and sumo face where irresistible.......and he seemed to like blondes..LOL.....finally I had to give him up....grandma Asano only had a few precious hours left with her grandchildren so I had no choice but to " back off" for the rest of our stay......LOL..as everyone headed out...we decided to take our kids to the park behind Glenn's parent's house..they live in the Beaches on Lake Ontario.... Glenn came with us.......we played on the monkey bars trying to do " chin ups" while taking to Brian about......" remember when".......and " what about"........it was a great day to catch up......I just hope we won't have to wait until the next summer Olympics to see him and his family again...have a safe trip home!!!

No comments: