Tuesday, August 26, 2008
the calm before the storm....
As I sit here this morning listening to my children sleep, the dishwasher humming in the background and the lack of urgency to have to go anywhere...I realize this is rare...to have time to myself..and in the morning no less....you see because this time next week I will have 3 kids back in school, this means the early morning ritual of getting 3 kids up and out the door by 7:40 am, a long commute to and from Justin's upper school... football practice EVERY DAY during the week..... hockey on the weekends with gymnastics thrown in for good measure,...guitar lessons...the occasional birthday party.......oh and working for the school board........yep that's me the lunchtime supervisor for the kindergarten room....17 five year olds...2 hours a day ...3 times a week...oh and household duties still stand...cooking, cleaning, bathtime, book reading and homework.......geez....what the hell was I thinking ...complaining about the need for the kids to get back to school...maybe its easier to keep them home.......so I can have days like today where the only thing I have scheduled is the washer repairman...........I guess I better start preparing myself for the next 10 months ... ...as they say when " it rains...its pours"...and as a stay at home mom...we all know what that means.....well I better go find my umbrella...I feel a big crazy storm coming on......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment