Thursday, August 7, 2008

my cousin plays with my kids...




Does anyone else have that odd situation in their family where they have an aunt who became one at the age of 3 or have cousins that are the same age as your own kids?....ME! ME! ME!....Here's the story...my Nana had six children...the first 4 were born close together within 8 years of oldest to youngest....than it was close to 10 years before my Nana had another 2 children.....making her oldest child almost ready to leave home for nursing school while the youngest is just cutting teeth and crawling........so when my uncle at the age of 16 announced his girlfriend was having a baby....( big gasp) ..his baby sister would become an aunt........and so the story goes......and gets crazier.....because some of my mom's siblings started having kids around the same time I was......and now my kids PLAY with my cousins.....hope you are following.......as I mentioned yesterday we went to Niagara....and strolled through the shops on the main strip...and there was my cousin Bianca... working in an upscale clothing store looking like she was at least 25 in her 17 year old body....yes my cousin...and then my kids begged for her to come back to our house for a sleepover and swim...okay okay....YES and as we headed home I decided to make a pit stop...and let them be kids and drive some go-carts....hey I can share my cousin...(LOL)............and even though I am getting older and feeling more like an aunt to my cousins than a cousin........it dawned on me...that they are actually catching up to me in age...I am not getting older...just they are!

No comments: