Thursday, August 21, 2008

married to a lawyer....

I never knew how capable I was of home repair until I married a lawyer....you see lawyers aren't good contractors......they can afford to hire or better yet have their wife take care of household fixin's.......so when the flapper broke on the upstairs toilet...I was left to figure out how to fix it........I managed to shut off the water valve and retrieve the old flapper....gross....gross ..there was like brown algae like deposits all over it....it came back to life ..its original black color.. ...after a good cleaning....I headed to Lowe's searching for the plumbing department... and found an entire isle dedicated to plumbing parts and flappers.....thankfully I found a match to the one I stood holding in my " baggie".....got home and tackled the tank...I successfully re-fitted the new flapper...talk about easy...and those damn plumbers charge like a hundred an hour.....it took me seconds and I can flush again.....just remember to turn the water shut-off back on...or you will be puzzled as to why its not working..duh.......took me another minute to figure that out....so flush away family.....I just got my plumbers licence....and I have the butt crack to prove it!!!.

No comments: