Sunday, August 24, 2008

kids playing!!!!


So feeling guilty for all the TV watching and video gaming the past few days...I shut off all electronic devices and told my kids to go " play"......I know....a novel concept .. in this day in age......so I presumed they would swim or play soccer...climb up the tree fort or collect bugs........nope not my kids........and after a few minutes of whining about boredom.....Justin went to the basement... and found the race track set Jamie got from Santa last Christmas...yes it has been in the basement since boxing day....well who would of thought they would spend the better part of the afternoon entertaining themselves racing and reconfiguring the track .........and when I went to check on them...I found Jamie sprawled across the track...guess they decided to play " chicken" on the track....Jamie has to lift his bum in time before the car comes around......so I guess its true...boredom leads to creativity....glad they made their own fun today...kids just don't "play" enough anymore!

No comments: