
Niagara on the Lake.......to most that town may mean nothing ...but to me it is a reminder of what once was a very important place.......you see...I moved to Niagara back in 1986 after leaving Winnipeg where I had lived the first 17 years of my life..my mother had died in 1982 and I had been living with my Nana ...a Nana who was turning 65 and was concerned that she wouldn't be around much longer to look after me...I had an uncle who lived in Niagara and offered his home to us.... we moved down knowing that my nana had support from other family members to help raise me until it was time for me to leave home...........this decision places me where I am today....because shortly after I moved to Niagara...I met Brian....a man who has taken care of me from the moment he met me...we have grown up together and have 3 great kids................so I couldn't have been more prouder today...than to take our kids on a field trip to such a special town.........we passed the church where daddy and I were married in, stood in the gazebo where the wedding party goofed around after the service.........and took the horse and carriage ride down main street...as Brian and I had done only 15 short years ago.....I didn't realize until today that Niagara means so much more to me than just being a small Ontario town...its a magical place where I met my soul-mate....
1 comment:
I think this is a magical moment for you to share with your children. They will appreciate it so much more when they go thru their own wedding day.
Post a Comment