In all the years I have lived here and heard that commercial...." were going to the island..."....we finally did it today......my dad is visiting from Winnipeg so it was time to do something tourist -"y".............the ferry ride was awesome as we drifted away from the Toronto skyline...seeing the CN tower dominate.....and Brian's work in the foreground.......as we approached the island....the crowd descended...onto a beautiful lush green island....centre ville was not what I had expected.....must be a little secret for the locals cuz there were next to no line ups....we felt like we had the park to ourselves most of the day.....and what a great day it was......the highlight was the skyline gondola that takes you over the island with your feet dangling.....after exhausting ourselves with one ride after another....we left feeling like a kid who enjoyed a perfect summer day.....now if I could just stop singing that stupid song...."we going to the island...the island at centre ville".
Monday, August 11, 2008
the island.....toronto island that is!
In all the years I have lived here and heard that commercial...." were going to the island..."....we finally did it today......my dad is visiting from Winnipeg so it was time to do something tourist -"y".............the ferry ride was awesome as we drifted away from the Toronto skyline...seeing the CN tower dominate.....and Brian's work in the foreground.......as we approached the island....the crowd descended...onto a beautiful lush green island....centre ville was not what I had expected.....must be a little secret for the locals cuz there were next to no line ups....we felt like we had the park to ourselves most of the day.....and what a great day it was......the highlight was the skyline gondola that takes you over the island with your feet dangling.....after exhausting ourselves with one ride after another....we left feeling like a kid who enjoyed a perfect summer day.....now if I could just stop singing that stupid song...."we going to the island...the island at centre ville".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment