Monday, August 4, 2008
That time of the year ...........
As I am winding down from our family weekend in Muskoka ..I remind my self that it is now August....that time of year when you are gearing down from the summer getting the kids ready for back to school, soon to be closing the pool and watching the leaves change colors on the property.....which also means.........MICE ....and how they START HEADING INSIDE MY LOVELY OLD FARMHOUSE TO VACATION FOR THE WINTER.....like HELL am I going to let that happen.....no sir....this is our 3rd fall in this house so I would like to think we are now experts on this subject....unlike when we first moved in and didn't realize that mice like old farmhouses..yep..note to self...do not store christmas decorations in the basement......so now being prepared for MICE HUNTING SEASON is a priority.....and today was our preparation day......so ...I sent Brian and the kids...( yes they are strange children) downstairs to start our yearly ritual............24 traps in hand ( check), flashlight ( check), peanut butter ( check) and a goal ( check) ...to catch every nasty creep BEFORE they get a chance to head upstairs to mommy's kitchen or god forbid ....BEDROOM....I can hear BRIAN snapping traps as I type...trying to set them...and getting my attention..reminding me about those sweet sounds in the middle of those cold fall nights.................SNAP.....another one bites the dust.........oh country living....and another one's gone and another one's gone...another one bites the dust...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You had be pissing myself with this post. I love it....well I love the fact that it is you and not be. Like I always say if ever I hear or see a little furry friend the for sale sign will be on our lawn first thing in the morning. For some strange reason I really do not like mice. I feel for you right now. Let us all know how it goes.
Post a Comment