
Finally Jay and Lucy (Lu) are coming up for a BBQ and swim tomorrow...and you may ask why I seem a little too excited ...well they were married last September and we haven't seen them since the big day......jeez....and my daughter was the flower girl for heaven's sakes...I want to see pictures dammit!! seriously though, we all lead hectic lives and him being a lawyer like my husband and she being a professional in the health care industry..who has time?...but we are committed to getting together tomorrow and I can't wait to see them.....the story of how Lu and Jay got together is a true love story by most standards......and I would love to fill you in......
It was April 29th , 2003...during the SARS outbreak....I had just given birth to my third child...my beautiful little girl Katie ...ahem...okay maybe I should change that to big little girl...she weighed in at a hefty 9 pounds 11 ounces thank you...yes gaining 50 pounds during pregnancy was justified...so there!...sorry...anyways getting back to my story........I ended up in a recovery room with 5 other woman who had also just given birth........all hospitals in Ontario were under an epidemic outbreak from SARS.. patients and staff were quarantine, masks were worn by all and the maternity ward had temporarily moved to the Geriatrics ward so all the new mothers were stuffed into a single room....no private rooms were available....oh vey....so there I lay stuck with a bunch of women who had just given birth....the labour stories have started and I hear it all....how the cord was wrapped around the babies neck, or how some didn't take the epidural and how the doctor was a nut or that one of the husband's passed out...and so on and so on......but the story that caught my attention was Veronica's....( Lu's sister ( whom I didn't obviously know yet)) calling her husband during the middle of the night begging her husband Steve to buy her some cream for her sore nipples when he arrived back in the morning......yes breastfeeding was already cracking her nipples.....sorry Vern....but I have to tell.....we still laugh about this today....anyhow...me being the expert just having given birth to my third child could obviously relate and slowly made my way over to her bed to discuss this very serious issue..LOL.....my husband still turns 20 shades of red when I tell this story......so we start chatting...both of us very social you could say..LOL....and we became instant friends ......we exchange phone numbers and left the hospital thinking that maybe there was a slight chance someday we would get together with our kids....hey they shared the same birthday and all.....so a week passes and as I make my way up to the pediatrician's office for Katie's first appointment...there she is.......nipple girl.....still sore but better...LOL....and Tristan ..her little man as she called him is doing well.......we promise to call each other ... a few weeks pass... again we see each other at the doctors office...by the third visit ...I realize it wasn't a coincidence but rather the timing of our kids births made the doctor's appointment correspond..DUH...although I am still slightly convinced that some fate played a part in getting us together....... because 6 months after we met....we had her sister (LU) and our best friend (Jay)...hooked up on a blind date...yes we talked them into seeing each other...hey they were both single, employed...about the same age and portgugese..it had to work!!....but the most bizarre thing....it turns out...Jay and Lucy lived across from each other in the same building complex and on the SAME FLOOR...they probably crossed each other in the hallway or elevator at some point.....FREAKY I say...well within a week of them meeting...they fell in love.....cool.....yes I love being a matchmaker.....they married last year ...and of course the real couple of the wedding was Katie ( the flower girl) and Tristan ( the ring bearer)....if not for them...Jay and Lucy would not be a couple.....there goes the happy couple now....Jay in his suit of Armour helping Lucy hop on his white horse riding bareback into the sunset.......THE END.... this story was brought to you by Vern's sore nipples..thank you.......
2 comments:
I must admit you do tell the story well. Thanks for including my nipples in the story. I guess this one I will never live down. Nipple girl......lol....I guess we are going to have to come up with a good one for you.
fire away....I have a few...big mouth, chatty cammy, know it all....etc...LOL...thank you for having a great sense of humour and not being offended......take care
Post a Comment