Friday, July 25, 2008
Followed where my feet wandered.............
I admit it...today I was selfish and took advantage of my time alone while all three kids were at camp and went for a WALK....yes a walk....I love walking...I used to run but my knees hurt like crap now...the reality of nearing 40....yuck.... I headed down to the Fairy Lake trail located in our town...I haven't been there in years.......in fact one year the MS walk was on this trail...and we went with Jay and Lucy...so I was thinking of them today remembering how Jay was whining about exercise and sweating... or something to that effect......LOL..anyways getting back to my walk....I headed south past the park...saw some kids feeding the geese and dozens of joggers....when I found myself turning down my old neighbourhood street....Towercrest....our first house just lurking in the distance........as I approached...a flood of memories started coming back to me...I can see Brian in the window down on one knee proposing to me by the Christmas tree....I can see my father -in law building the retaining wall that is still standing at the front of the house....and seeing myself crying on the bathroom floor after finding out I was pregnant with Justin because I was just so young and scared of the unknown...........and then that day....the day we got the offical notice that Brian was accepted into law school.....it was now time to sell Towercrest...and I knew in an instant our new life would change forever......when we were packing up the house...tears streaming down my face....Brian turned to me and said something very profound....and I quote..."honey...life is like a slingshot....you have to go back ..to go forward"....and you what? he was right...because today I realized our life had changed at Towercrest.........and as I started to walk away ......... I thought to myself... Brian and I no longer "own" Towercrest ......but we still "own" the memories....see ya Towercrest...thanks for making my feet take me to you...............
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment