Tuesday, July 22, 2008

finding a good babysitter....anyone?

Okay so I finally have a kid old enough to babysit....and guess what?...the 2 youngest complain that they don't want him as a babysitter...you see Justin's idea of babysitting is sitting on the couch in front of the TV , remote control in hand and bossing his siblings to get him stuff...and when they don't listen he sends them to their room......Katie...my "tell it like it is kid" has no problem with comments like......."Justin is a lousy babysitter mommy...please let me be in charge..."...and she is being sincere in her asking...and in the back of my mind I kinda think she could babysit the boys.....but for obvious reasons we can't quite let that happen yet.....so I am left with dealing with this issue every time Brian and I want to go out......so last night as I am drinking my beer enjoying the sunset on the patio with my hubby...I make the mistake of calling home.....things are a disaster on the home front....you see yesterday was the first day I had them all in day camp and then did a "drop and run" at our house before heading to Toronto to meet Brian......so Katie is crying on the phone .. and Justin is being a grumpy bear......so what's a mom to do.....well I will give you stay at home mom's a little ammunition if you find yourself in my situation....threaten the grandparents on them....yep I told Justin that OPA was heading over to babysit if he didn't start controlling the situation..once the phone went silent I knew the panic had sent in on the other end......and someone was rethinking things...so when we came home I was pleasantly surprised to find the monopoly game still out from being recently played, the kids rooms and living room clean, the lunches packed for camp,knapsacks filled with new towels and swim trunks, and 3 little monkeys fast asleep "snuggling "together in one bed....yes my plan had worked..........so without hesitation Brian slipped the 20 bucks on Justin's pillow and thanked me for being such a GREAT MOM......

No comments: