I took Jamie and Katie to our local water splash park today. We packed a picnic lunch...okay I picked up a pizza but I did pack bottle water and strawberries.....hey this is the millennium generation!... We found a great spot near the water and spread out on the grass.....I guess the ants were not happy we parked our self on their hill cause they decided to invite themselves to our picnic too....after we moved.....and ate..the kids changed into their bathing suits and headed to the splash area to cool off......the kids tortured themselves for about a half an hour with "brain freezes" because the water was so darn cold..and finally decided to dry off and play in the park area......the tire swing is always fun but I guess I spun them a little too much...note to self....if you kid looks green ..stop spinning........(bad mom)....after the sickness wore off...they played for quite some time on the monkey bars, and slide....the last thing to do was go on the swings.........I gave them under-doggies until they couldn't go any higher...when it was nearing time to leave...I decided to take 2 minutes to sit on the bench...suddenly Katie comes running with that look of terror in her eyes.......what?..what? what is the matter?..........a 2 year old boy !!!...he was chasing her around the park for a kiss....(its starting already?) ...trying not to laugh I told her to just ignore him.....but within seconds... he was BACK AGAIN.......the embarrassed dad came over and apologized ..guess his son has a thing for kissing......so it was time for the talk.....LOL......I reminded her about boys......they like to chase....get used to it....gosh I had no idea that going to the park today would bring on "life lesson #4".... BOYS WILL BE BOYS
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
the talk....
I took Jamie and Katie to our local water splash park today. We packed a picnic lunch...okay I picked up a pizza but I did pack bottle water and strawberries.....hey this is the millennium generation!... We found a great spot near the water and spread out on the grass.....I guess the ants were not happy we parked our self on their hill cause they decided to invite themselves to our picnic too....after we moved.....and ate..the kids changed into their bathing suits and headed to the splash area to cool off......the kids tortured themselves for about a half an hour with "brain freezes" because the water was so darn cold..and finally decided to dry off and play in the park area......the tire swing is always fun but I guess I spun them a little too much...note to self....if you kid looks green ..stop spinning........(bad mom)....after the sickness wore off...they played for quite some time on the monkey bars, and slide....the last thing to do was go on the swings.........I gave them under-doggies until they couldn't go any higher...when it was nearing time to leave...I decided to take 2 minutes to sit on the bench...suddenly Katie comes running with that look of terror in her eyes.......what?..what? what is the matter?..........a 2 year old boy !!!...he was chasing her around the park for a kiss....(its starting already?) ...trying not to laugh I told her to just ignore him.....but within seconds... he was BACK AGAIN.......the embarrassed dad came over and apologized ..guess his son has a thing for kissing......so it was time for the talk.....LOL......I reminded her about boys......they like to chase....get used to it....gosh I had no idea that going to the park today would bring on "life lesson #4".... BOYS WILL BE BOYS
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment