Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Flashbacks......

Do you ever get flashbacks of your own childhood with your kids just doing everyday things.......you know what I mean right?.....let me give you today as an example....so I wake up early for the whole camp ritual........drop Jamie off at the bus....with a few grumblings and no goodbye from Mr. J......I turn around.....okay see ya kid...have a good day.....and I hop back into the truck.....I plan on doing a run to the dump.....you see out in the country its hard to get up early enough to make the garbage truck pick up and since I don't live in a subdivision there is no dumping it curbside by the neighbours when no one is looking kinda thing......so I have a crap load of garbage piled up in the garage and with all the wild animals surrounding me...this is not a good thing unless you want to clean up shredded garbage ..as I load up the truck......there is missy...( Katie) with her purse and barbie doll sitting in the front passenger seat patiently waiting for me to fill up my load..........I get in the truck and as always...I promise her a treat after the dump run........so here we are driving up to Keswick.....just the girls...listening to the radio with the windows down ( cuz it stinks so bad...)the wind blowing in our face, a few smiles back and forth and my gentle rub on her shoulder...... and it suddenly occurs to me that when I was a kid....I sat beside my Dad in the passenger seat doing his work runs..just as Katie is sitting .......he drove a 1 ton truck and picked up laundry from the hotels and dropped them off at a local laundry mat...I loved riding with him and ....I too remember the highlight of picking a treat up when the route was done...gosh being a kid and having no worries in the world except what treat you were going to pick out at the final pit stop is what childhood is all about........LOL.............funny how something so ordinary can trigger a great memory......I am glad that I can have alone time with each of my 3 kids and although I know running to the dump in not exactly glamorous...my daughter is happy to be with me just the same...!!

No comments: