Thursday, July 10, 2008

An exciting day...


Okay this is my first post...so I better make it good!...I haven't seen my girlfriend Liz for a year and she is coming for a swim today. I had known her only a few shorts years when she packed up and transferred to Georgia for her's husband's career..the nerve of her....LOL....so we are lucky enough to see each other each summer when she makes her way back to Toronto. She drives up in her mini van....she pulls up to the house ...that sad and tired van just endured 20 hours of driving with 3 naughty boys who are sugared up on candy and wired on video games.. and a mother who is exhausted from yelling and pitching food and such back at the kids the entire drive......the doors open and the kids run out... and they don't stop the entire time they are here......Liz staggers out of the car in desperate need of a drink....and I gladly will have one on hand to greet her!.......I love Liz....she is the kind of friend that is always fun and full of jokes....you have to be when you stay home with kids!!...we love to share our incompetence's as a mom...instead of competing for the mother of the year award.....we find commonality with the craziness of parenting .......like never finding matching socks for the kids or socks at all for that matter ( I think that is part of the reason why she moved to Georgia...who need socks when it is so friggin hot!)..forgetting to put the sun lotion on the kids and letting them burn like lobsters...(whoops!), not looking over our kids homework until the car is moving on route to school and nearly causing an accident when we throw the homework back to the 3 rd row of the van......and don't forget the classic....forgetting a kid in the store..sometimes 3 is too much to keep track of..(LOL)....yes we can laugh about these things......because we definitely are not about being a perfect mom.......we love our kids and try our best and having a friend to help you laugh is much needed when you are a stay at home mom......I can't wait to see her again today...I hope my house is ready for her 3 darling little monsters ( whoops! I mean boys)....

2 comments:

Veronica said...

I'd have to say for your first blog entery I am pretty entertained. Keep them coming.

just another stay at home mom said...

thanks...your not so bad yourself..but don't read the fourth entry..you are going to kill me...LOL