Saturday, September 6, 2008

subdivision living..

I was plopped back into the twilight zone yesterday when I stopped in at our old neighbourhood pizza joint.......a parking lot of cars with many of my old neighbours coming and going....oh ...hello stranger.....hey how are you?.......where do you live now?..what's new?....yes I forgot how subdivisions share one commonality....everyone knows each other.....I saw the lady that bought my old house, met up with Emma my old neighbour from 3 doors down, bumped into Adam from Justin's hockey..........saw Serena getting into her car...and Maddie-Liz's friend .....and the list goes on............the kids and I were once again reminded what it was like living amongst neighbours ...........you have to be polite, make sure you are dressed appropriately and be prepared to stop and talk...........after 30 minutes of subdivision culture...I was ready to retreat back to my hill- billy ranch.... back to "rural" living.....where my little girl can walk around topless,my kids can wear the same clothes from the day before and I can yell at them to be quiet without worrying about what the neighbours will think!.... yep...just your ordinary everyday redneck I am now.....

No comments: