

Every year in September we stop in at our local farm to pick some apples...or should I say "world record apple picking".....I relay the same message year after year....let's take our time kids......go slow.....head back into the orchard and work your way out to the car....inspect before you pick...slow down.....make sure its the apple you want.....but somehow with 3 kids...I always end up with 20 pounds of apples in 3 minutes flat....a family tradition done in record time...........and every year...as I head back to the weigh station..I ask myself why I let them pick so much.....and then it always dawns on me how much baking I now have given myself to do!......... the kids take off to see Millie the hound-dog who lives at the farm and then go play on the swings......I grab a few candy apples and apple cider before we are ready to leave........another apple picking session done.....heading home I look back in the rear view mirror...and see the kids happily munching on apples......I guess it goes to show....quality time doesn't have to last for hours..little pit stops in life can be enough for kids.......apple crisp anyone?
1 comment:
You said it best it doesn't have to be hours even 3 minutes to get the results you have is worth every moment. The pictures look great. We are heading to do our annual picking this weekend. We've been going to the same Farm for years now. I love every minute of it and will enjoy this year more as Ethan is a little older and will actually be able to walk and pick his own apples. Thanks for sharing your pictures.
Post a Comment