Friday, September 26, 2008
Curriculum night
The schools came up with a new concept a few years ago...hosting curriculum night at the end of the first month of the school year......its a chance for parents to meet the teachers, visit the classroom and learn what exactly is going to be taught during the upcoming year...actually for me its really a quick meet and greet followed by ...ME..... "evil eyeing" my kids while they run wild through the school halls............anyways I don't have much to say to the teachers since I already work at the school .....besides when terms like data management, t graphs and attributes start spewing into the conversation.... I know its time to leave...cuz my eyes start glazing over... looking for an out...I will proceed to politely nod before grabbing the kids to head home....hoping to escape before I am cornered by parents of the kids I supervise.......otherwise I will be fielding questions about why Johnie doesn't eat all of his lunch or why Suzie comes home with paint on her shirt.............and as I am dodging those questions I will most certainly have to discreetly pinch one of my own kids..... cuz you know they will be acting up since I am now on display to all the other parents.... as the discipline bar is held higher for me since I AM A SUPERVISOR.........walking home I will have to REMIND my kids and I quote..... I "friggin work at the school and parents are judging me ....you bunch of moron's!!!".....then dead silence.....until the oldest starts laughing hysterically........yep next year at this time....you can bet I am boycotting curriculum night!!.................LOL.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment