Wednesday, September 10, 2008
goodbyes at the kindergarten gate...
My duties at the school include...yard, lunch and recess supervision... I am the big dork wearing the NEON vest in the kindergarten playground.......and...I get to experience morning drop offs at the kindergarten gate...some days are more challenging than others especially at the beginning of the school year ......never under estimate the power of a 5 year old....take this morning as an example....okay Colin say goodbye to Daddy..... NO!....come on buddy ...its time to play with your friends....NO!...your friends are waiting for you...NO!..let go of Dad's leg....NO!.......... as I gently try to release him from his Dad... ..Colin starts screaming uncontrollably somehow making his grip tighter...the kids in the playground start forming a semi circle around the culprit...watching his every move.......and Colin's dad is noticeably embarrassed by his son's sissy behavior..he takes action and gently kicks him off his leg..........the tug a war ends and Colin is crying..... DADDY DON'T LEAVE....but Dad walks away slamming the gate behind him......bye DAD.........it does break my heart to see a kid so wounded and defeated....but I thought to myself.... "life's a Bitch" sometimes kid..." get over it"......... suddenly.... the bell rings and my thoughts drift back to the playground.....okay kids get in line... .and that was that.........Colin ran to the door with his backpack in hand ready to tackle the day......yep just another morning in kindergarten world...and I wouldn't change a thing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment