Friday, September 12, 2008
shopping for jeans....AGRH!!!!!
okay what is it with the clothes these days...and jeans in particular......is it just me or is it impossible to find a decent pair that fit in all the right places....I know I am no longer a size 8....... but after 3 kids moving up to size 12 has been so demeaning.........and the worst part....size 12 is the average size of the everyday woman......I went into a store called XXI....oh sorry we don't carry any sized jeans bigger than a 30 waist ( size 10)....WTF?........who actually wears the size 2 jeans........oh yeah the starving anorexics who will eventually become mom's and be venting my same tune one day..... that's who..........BUT today was a miracle of sorts....I found a new store in my mall called DENIM DIVA...a store that caters to the average woman...thank you......a consultant helps you decipher your shape..then picks jeans from that particular cut and style....they will also alter the jeans while you wait ..yes this girl is brill ant....she has a sewing machine in the store.....lets hope that this concept store is the new normal...anyways.......I fell into the CURVY girl category.....you know the type...big butt and hips with a smaller waist and TALL mixed in.........the jeans are pricey...mine were $148 bucks....but well worth it knowing that I can now have my jeans and eat my cake too...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment