Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Pioneer Camp...

Justin heads out for a field trip with the school tomorrow to spend 3 days up north at a pioneer camp. Each minor niner will have a grade twelve mentor. Justin's mentor is a band mate from his guitar club so I gather most of their conversations will be about amps, picks and strings. I think the school has the right idea though...transporting this millennium generation of teenagers back in time.....to survive in the bush away from electronics and modern conveniences.....down time is good.....talking to peers around the campfire and tossing around the pigskin is much more meaningful than playing guitar hero. I had the nerve to give him the "lecture"....you know the one......" well when I was a kid we didn't have video games or computers...we actually played hopscotch, jacks and baseball"....so heading into the bush will do you some good!..........yes mother.... accompanied by the eye roll.........anyways it will interesting to see how everything turns out.....he will either come home starving, grumpy and suffering withdrawals from tv or turn into nature boy like my husband and want to kayak for 3 days up north with the bears portaging from island to island surviving by eating berries from the trees. oh vey!

No comments: