Sunday, September 14, 2008
Corn roast...
If you live in the country you have probably been to a CORN ROAST. Irene from 3 acres over hosted her annual party last night.....we arrived to a flurry of activity....bumping into Rob who was working the grill smokin some BBQ chicken.......Irene was at the makeshift bar.....hey kiddo..how was your summer?...good..hey come meet the gang......beer in one hand..handshake with the other..........hey how's everyone?..............my kids took off to follow the others who were running from the trampoline to the play climber...we mixed in with the crowd...eating, talking and laughing..........later as night fell...the stars were our back light as we moved to sit around the campfire roasting marshmallows and corn.......... it became apparent to me how much rural folk like the outdoors... I met....Joe who races mountain bikes, Linda rides dirt bikes, and found out that Irene was a triathlon back in the day........I was also informed of the best camping spots....where to buy a snowmobile and locations of hiking trials in the area.......it was an enjoyable night for all of us.........when it was time to leave...we walked home and my thoughts went back to the conversations...outdoors are great but lets not kid myself....I would much rather sleep and dine at the HILTON than camp out in the dirt....yep....you just can't take the city out of me even though I am now living in the country.....but I can definitely "do" corn roasts....and I will be back again next year Irene...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment