Sunday, September 14, 2008
Bianca reminded me.......
Its been a few weekends since I saw Bianca but she started me thinking about the days when I was a teenager....a time when you embrace your style, have fun with clothes and make sure you look your best to the outside world...I realize teenagers are self focused but sometimes I don't think that is so bad....I am not endorsing vanity per se or think that suddenly I should try to become a super model ( like that could ever happen) but I think I have forgotten what it is like as a stay at home mom to take care of myself just like I did when I was a teenager......I realize I don't have client meetings anymore, or lunch with my co-workers....but I am still me inside....somewhere along the way I lost my one hour morning routine of getting ready for the world...instead... I roll out of bed, slip on the jeans laying on the floor beside me...leave the t-shirt on that I slept in if it is clean.... run the hairbrush through my hair while swishing my mouth with Scope... before getting the kids ready to leave the house...one hour now reduced to 3 minutes......thanks Bianca for reminding me of an important lesson...taking care of yourself effects how you feel on the inside too...I have found myself making a few changes since seeing her....I went clothes shopping the other day...accepting the fact that I am not my ideal weight but happy to buy clothes that make me feel good....I went to the hairdresser for a new look .....and have promised myself to at least wear some mascara and lipstick before leaving the house..........so look out world....Cammy is back.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment