Friday, December 19, 2008

snowed in.....

Despite the snowstorm warnings......school was a go...no snow day....well not officially.....thankfully Justin is done exams so I didn't have to tackle that road trip .....just a quick run across the street to drop off Katie and Jamie...I was due back at the school for Jamie's Christmas concert at 10:30...before I made my way to the kindergarten classroom for lunch duties. I kept the kids inside for recess watching the snow fall and wondering if the buses will be able to plow their way through to get these kids home. At 1 o'clock...I left the school with Katie and Jamie in tow ..many other parents had already started picking up their kids..hoping to start the holidays a few hours earlier. I am now stuck inside thinking of the million things I have to do.....I guess I should be grateful that we will indeed have a white Christmas. Now I have some time to clean the house...it has been waiting for me all week.... I have cancelled guitar lessons...the kids are upstairs fighting...sorry...playing video games...I just have to wait for Brian to get home safely....I wonder if it is too early to pop open the wine and watch " It's a wonderful life".....its a perfect day .....its a snow day.

No comments: