
Meet an incredible woman who beginnings were humble. Her mother was the daughter of an Indian princess,.. her father from a working class home. She was a sibling to 8 who lived on a farm in southern Manitoba. Her father liked his whiskey a little too much and her mother died giving child birth when Blanche was only 8. After raising her siblings...she married a British bloke ... had a family of her own...6 children in all ....and many grandchildren whom she also parented. Her faith kept her strong even after many challenges from God. She taught me how to be a lady, love my God and be a good mother and wife. She has now lived to see all of her family grow up,.. even outliving her spouse. She turns 90 next week ...now blind and partially deaf ...she still wakes up everyday being thankful. I know my time with her will end soon but she will always be apart of who I am. She changed my life for the better so many years ago when I was a child..an innocent victim of circumstance...she was there to wrap her arms around my broken heart and bless me with her love.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANA! I LOVE YOU!
No comments:
Post a Comment