Wednesday, December 24, 2008

mail delivery...????

Sunday afternoon after an enjoyable breakfast at the hotel with Jo...we headed home......approaching our driveway....we noticed our MAILBOX in the ditch ..dragged about 30 feet from where it should be standing.....what the heck?..did the snowplow hit it?.....parking....we unloaded the truck...and at the front door.....it stood.....a BRAND NEW MAILBOX neatly packaged with a note.....Dear homeowner...I am so sorry but yesterday I slid off the road and took your mailbox with me....I went out today finding an exact replacement...sorry for the inconvenience and Merry Christmas......imagine someone doing something so nice...okay she wiped out our mailbox ..but to go replace it....she could have just drove away...we would have never known any different......its good to know that Christmas does bring out the best in people..........the only thing....we no longer get mail delivery to our personal box.........I called the lady....thank you for your kindness but you can return the mailbox to get your money back.......and merry Christmas to you too. :)

No comments: