Tuesday, October 7, 2008
whistling 101
Yesterday evening I had to take Justin to the orthodontist for a check up. Jamie and Katie have been there a dozen times before so they usually settle for playing with the toys in the corner or making a game out of getting a drink from the water fountain.....which brings me to ask... why does every kid that comes into the office find that big jug of water so fascinating?...is it the bubbles?...........anyways after many paper cups of water... Katie had to use the little girl's room..........finally some peace and quiet in the waiting room with her in the washroom....until you hear her......is that Katie making that noise?...how can a little kid magnify that sound for all in the waiting room to hear?........I look over to see the receptionist giggling....and Jamie turning red.......how could she?....I guess she is alone so she thinks its okay..no one will hear........but we all can ...since the washroom is so close.....most people are trying to ignore the sound pretending to read or look out the window....but I know they can hear...in fact I am sure the dentist could hear it over the sound of his drills......as soon as she comes out of that washroom .....I am going to have to speak to her about washroom etiquette......... and tell her....no whistling......yes whistling....what sound did you think I was talking about?......NO..NO....not that!!......you see Katie has mastered the whistling component for the 5 year old category...... in my house the kids have some weird threshold requirement that one must meet before entering grade one......its a house rule..... you have to:......be able to whistle, snap your fingers and blow bubbles with bubble gum...and lets just say...Katie is on her way to accomplishing all three............as Katie opens the door to leave the washroom....she sees the entire waiting room staring at her.....she looks at me as if to say " what?"....and before I can say anything....she starts whistling again....I thought the receptionist was going to bust a gut........kids ...gotta love them...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment