meet "Flat"
Jamie came home yesterday from school and introduced us to "Flat". He will be staying in our home until November 18th. The paperwork clearly informed us that "Flat" must be treated like a family member and participate in our daily activities including when we go to the arena, grocery store, gymnastics or church....and to make sure we scrapbook our outings so Jamie can share them with the class. ( grrrr...another grade 3 project).... I can just see myself next week out with the kids treat or treating and fielding questions and stares from on-lookers wondering why the heck I am holding a paper doll.... but not to be discouraging I listened to Jamie's enthusiasm and watched how he spent the evening taking pictures of "Flat" and showing him to his room not before visiting and trying out Katie, Justins and my bed first...he spent some time in the washroom with Jamie, sat with us for dinner...even said the prayer, helped Jamie with his homework and watched a little tv before watching him take a bath and then listen to books. After a few hours of "Flat" , a dozen pictures and having a paper doll sit on my lap for books....I reminded Jamie and "Flat" that both of them better behave because my woodstove is always looking for paper....with that they both ran to bed............
No comments:
Post a Comment