Tuesday, October 14, 2008

my new love....

I fell in love this weekend. I know I am married..but Brian said he was okay with it...........in fact he was encouraging me to meet him. I left the hotel mid-morning and headed out to his property. He was waiting for me with the others........I had booked the time to see him....although he was not quite my type...brown hair and eyes with long legs and a big rear...but he was chosen for me.............the girl who introduced us was embarrassed though because he had a unique way of saying hello.....he (passed gas) in her face just when I approached....he was the largest of the 7 to choose from....his friends Whiskey, and Doc looked on....he was friendly and loved walking in the trials so he was a perfect match for me............we headed out into the bush spending an hour together.....walking in the autumn setting...... with the leaves falling at our feet making a red carpet for us to follow......we took in the beauty of the season......such rich colors and warm weather to celebrate a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend...no kids to bother me or a husband for that matter...just me and Duke..yes that was his name....he didn't say much but I knew he liked me....he followed my direction well and didn't run away....as we headed back to his property..I tried to take a picture of him but it was too hard...my hands were shaking and I was worried I would drop the camera......then I saw others patiently waiting as we approached....and I knew my time was up....as I walked away...I turned back one last time and said goodbye promising Duke that I will be back to see him soon.........I wanted to bring him home but knew I couldn't...........when I got back to the hotel I told the kids....thankfully they were understanding....and want me to go see him again ...maybe next Thanksgiving....hopefully he will wait for me............what a beautiful creature....DUKE....all 1900 pounds of him....the most lovely Clydesdale horse you will ever see.....

No comments: