Halloween this year was weird.......maybe it was because it was a Friday night and everyone was out partying...or the recession has kicked in big time... ...because only every 10th house was giving out candy...seriously it was "frightening"...how little effort was made this year by neighbours.......we saw few houses decorated and less giving out candy..it was kinda strange.........but in saying that we still managed to score many pounds of candy and came home after an hour and half. The kids have been filling their bellies all weekend...no cooking for me...and when they get sick of the candy which is usually by the fourth day...I throw the rest out.....yep I have lived by that rule for years and it works...instead of sanctioning candy daily until Christmas...I get rid of it in days.....here's some pictures...notice Flat made his appearance too...hope everyone had a happy Halloween.
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Halloween fright...
Halloween this year was weird.......maybe it was because it was a Friday night and everyone was out partying...or the recession has kicked in big time... ...because only every 10th house was giving out candy...seriously it was "frightening"...how little effort was made this year by neighbours.......we saw few houses decorated and less giving out candy..it was kinda strange.........but in saying that we still managed to score many pounds of candy and came home after an hour and half. The kids have been filling their bellies all weekend...no cooking for me...and when they get sick of the candy which is usually by the fourth day...I throw the rest out.....yep I have lived by that rule for years and it works...instead of sanctioning candy daily until Christmas...I get rid of it in days.....here's some pictures...notice Flat made his appearance too...hope everyone had a happy Halloween.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The kids look great! Love the pumpkins.
Post a Comment