UPDATE: Managed to wake the crew convincing them to get outside for some tobogganing fun.
Sunday, November 30, 2008
birthday boy...
So with the mouse caught and out of the way...we were able to restore order in our home in time for Justin's birthday party sleepover. Once his friends arrived and were all accounted for...( 2 didn't show up)....we headed over to our local bowling pit where I had a lane reserved for a few hours of glow in the dark fun..and rounds of pool. Leaving them to their own devices, Katie and I left. When we got to the car she was not amused...and told me that Justin's party sucks....why wouldn't her teenager brother want her at his party??!! I offered her some chocolate and told her that boys are strange ..which seemed to satisfy her. Picking up some now energized boys who just finished some friendly competition.. they needed food. At home ..Katie helped me make the pizza while I prepared the homemade fries and wings. Wolfing down the meal, between burps and stupid jokes they were ready for cake. I didn't realize how difficult it would be to light 14 candles and sparklers without burning one's hand. Rushing to the table in step with the Happy Birthday song...most of the candles blew out...the boys were laughing....I realized teenagers laugh at everything. Time to cut the cake..........umm frozen cake...frozen ice cream cake........nothing like getting the knife stuck in the cake 20 times before eventually serving the large slabs to the boys...who thanked me for their brick. At 10 o'clock I left them on the couch in the great room with cots and sleeping bags... the XBOX & Playstation ready to go...and a few midnight munchies. I headed to bed but woke up at 2am to the faint sounds of teenager laughter and noises from the game. At 6 am I heard the toilet flush...I woke up at 7am to check on them. The boys were sprawled out on the floor and couch from sugar and video game fatigue. The empty bags of chips and bottles of pop surrounding them. I thought of waking them up for breakfast but am rethinking I may make them lunch instead...it looks like they may have pulled an all nighter! BOYS...TEENAGE BOYS...HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUSTIN!
UPDATE: Managed to wake the crew convincing them to get outside for some tobogganing fun.





UPDATE: Managed to wake the crew convincing them to get outside for some tobogganing fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Looks like a fun day was had by all. I guess this is what I have to look forward to. Happy Birthday to Justin!
Post a Comment