Friday, January 29, 2010

Principal for the day

annoucements


P and the VP




hall duty


My six year old daughter Kaitlyn was awarded the esteemed privilege of earning the title and function as principal for the day at her school and today she reported for duty. She had participated in a planned meeting with the principal earlier in the month making important decisions about her day in charge including a no homework policy, the dress code would be pyjamas and she would give away two webkinz in a poster contest for the best drawing of her. She was also entitled to a McDonald's lunch and could choose a vice principal to help her during the day. As mother of the principal I volunteered to drop off lunch for my princess...I mean principal and her vice principal. Ms. Lomuto had promised a busy day with some mock issues so when I met Katie in the office at lunch it was no wonder she look exhausted. She complained that she had to do yard duty, take a phone call, deal with a disciplinary issue, and tell a teacher for a third time that morning that "NO" they couldn't get a raise. Wishing her well I told her I would see her at home time but thinking to myself that she may not make it to lunch recess!! Thank you to Ms. Lomuto for making her students apart of their school community and giving them a taste of the real world!

No comments: