Monday, April 27, 2009

Birthday wishes....



Katie turns 6 this week so we invited her class to celebrate her birthday at our local trampoline centre. Since these are "my kids" I supervise at school it really was just like a typical school day with me "Mrs. K" in charge.. comforting those who needed a Kleenex for their runny noses, making sure they had a water fountain break, and ushering those who needed to the bathroom with my " make sure you wash your hands when you are done".The two hour party went by quickly. The kids were exhausted after jumping for an hour and gladly welcomed the pizza, veggies and cake. I have never seen kids eat so much at a birthday party but I guess all that jumping worked up an appetite! Katie received a ton of gifts including dolls, coloring books and a diary. We headed home and I could see that Katie was starting to get sick. Jamie had been home from school Thursday and Friday so I knew it was only a matter of time. Then Justin came home from his 8 hour work shift and the cough and chills had started. We all headed to bed. Thankfully Katie wasn't sick for her party. So another year has passed, another birthday celebration, and my kids just keep getting older!

1 comment:

Veronica said...

OMG!!!! She is so grown up. I can not believe that it is almost (tomorrow) 6 years from the day we met. Big Happy Birthday wishes to our sweet Katie. Love The Reis clan.