Sunday, March 15, 2009
the big one.....
dammit....I am turning 40...there I said it.....the day after St. Patricks day....so I better get right drunk on some green beer to help me sober in that day. I didn't think I would care all that much...hey Brian turned 40 almost 4 years ago and I was okay with that...lol...but now its tag...my turn...I'm it. I have outlived my mother's age...something I never thought I would do and now I have to deal with this getting old business.....seeing older ladies at Katie's swimming lessons got me thinking the other day...if I live to 72...I only have 32 years left on this earth to live out all my dreams, goals and ambitions....which lead me to my spontaneous decision to BOOK VEGAS BABY.......hey...if I am going to HAVE to turn 40...I am doing it in style...first stop....the helicopter tour over the grand canyon where we touch down walking on such a wonder of the world and realizing that I have just experienced one of many that I will now check off my new " getting older" list. If I am going to HAVE to DO birthdays I may as well have an active plan. Instead of ignoring them....I am going to embrace them....well not exactly embrace...BUT you get my point....so next year its Costa Rica and the year after Australia...oh and Hawaii is another part of the world I want to see....yes the list goes on so I hope I do have those 32 birthdays left!! So happy birthday Camille...you old broad...life is just starting to get good!!!! and a little botox won't hurt either!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I guess I will feel the same when I hit 40. I'll let you know when I get there. You look great so I wouldn't stress over it. Keep smiling and keep checking things off your list. If it makes you happy go for it. Happy Birthday Camille!
Post a Comment