Sunday, January 4, 2009

A New Year....

A new year is upon us and I have been feeling particularly lazy. I think subconsciously I have been preparing myself for the back to schedule routine that starts tomorrow with 3 busy kids, a part time job and mom duties. The holidays gave me a chance to host a few dinners, visit family and relax with a glass of wine by the fire. The fast pace buzz of the clock was forgotten. Sleeping till 9 am was the new norm and watching old movies with the kids was a nightly routine. This is my last day of freedom before I am thrust back into the fire. Brian woke up early this morning to venture back to the ski hills with the boys and Katie is smart enough to leave me alone knowing I am dragging my heals mulling over the fact that tomorrow is back to the grind. ( as my mother used to say). A New Year....yes.. but really no different...Happy New Year! ...

No comments: